Has LumenRT 2016 (or LumenRT 2015 Bentley SELECT update 1 or whatever the precise nomenclature) been released? I can't find confirmation of it anywhere on the site and my local sales rep said he hasn't heard an official announcement either.
Answer Verified By: Scott Aulen
Lutz Mehlig said:Hi Dave, until today i have not get the e-mail from Bentley, so i've some question's before it arrived. 1) why the LumenRT 2015 user from e-on don't get information from Bentley or e-on that it gives a new Bentley LumenRT 2016 version?
You will be receiving an e-mail this week on Bentley LumenRT Update 1 (aka LumenRT 2016). e-on LumenRT users will be able to download the update starting in early December.
2) where i find a list which are new futures from "Bentley LumenRT 2016", i found nothing on the Bentley or e-on webside.
New Features: http://www.e-onsoftware.com/wiki/LumenRT/index.php/Documentation/Getting_Started/What%27s_New
New Features Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzvnG8SPOyY&feature=youtu.be
3) if i make "1. a one-time perpetual copy of LumenRT Update 1", can i update in one year my version then to the Bentley LumenRT 2017 Version or is it only possible with the subscription?
You cannot "update" from LumenRT Update 1 to LumenRT Update 2 unless you have a Bentley Select Maintenance agreement. This will be explained further in the December e-mail download options. Basically, LumenRT like all other Bentley products will be updated on a quarterly basis.
4) Is the LumenRT Update 1 = Bentley LumenRT 2016?
5) if i make "2. Bentley Select (subscription) with quarter updates, is it then also a perpetal copy? Can i make Select (Subscription) for one year?
There are two licensing options for Bentley LumenRT - Perpetual (a node locked version of the product) or Subscription (quarterly or annual subscription). Subscription includes maintenance for the duration of the subscription. Perpetual requires the purchase of an additional maintenance contract for updates. The best option for you would be to just get the free upgrade to LumenRT Update 1 in December and then get a Bentley Select Maintenance contract. This again will be explained in more detail in the December e-mail.
6) i've no program from microstation, only from e-on -"Plant Factory Studi"o and -"VueXstream". Make Bentley now "Bentley LumenRT" more for people who work with microstation programs or is it also in future for People who have other programs?
LumenRT will always be CAD Agnostic meaning that it will always support non-Bentley products such as Revit, Sketchup, ArchiCAD, Esri CityEngine, etc
7) With my "Plant Factoy Studio" i could import plants automatic to LumenRT 2015. Do you knew why this future is now not longer possible, i need now "Plant Factory Producer" from e-on for it? To have this future i must upgrade to Producer version and this is very expensive!!!