Hi, I recently read about creating Control Points to make Fake GCPs to align a AT to a point cloud. I am unsure how to add the control points to a point cloud. I have used the process to merge ATs, but since there aren't any photos in the point cloud or match ones I could create in the AT. I am unsure how to define points in the point cloud. In the 3d window the point cloud is only selectable as a whole and not individual points.
Any guidance would be very much appreciated.
You read point coordinates from 3D view using measure tool and then add them as Survey points.
Thanks Oto for the response. I am a bit closer, but seem to be doing something incorrectly. I have listed the steps I went through .
I was able to create the control points with the measure tool in the point cloud.
- I copied the xyz values to the coordinate fields to create a control point.
- After I got 3 points. I exported it to a text file. I then imported it into my AT.
- I defined the same points as the point cloud using at least 3 photos for each point.
- I ran to AT. And did a merge block with the point cloud block with the control points I created.
- Did not see the point cloud in the merge block even with it turned on in the 3d view, so I ran an AT on the merged block.
- Still did not see Point cloud in the 3d window with it turned on.
- Recon is ghosted out on the merged block before and after I ran the AT.
Am I missing something in my process?