The iTwin Platform supports Reality Meshes that are in the “Web Ready 3D Scalable Mesh” or “Cesium 3D Tiles” formats. If the If the Reality Mesh you want to upload to ProjectWise ContextShare is in either of those formats, you can skip ahead to the Reality Mesh Publication section. Otherwise, you will need to first optimize your Reality Mesh using the free Orbit 3DM Import & Upload Tool.
Supported input Reality Mesh formats are:
1) Open Orbit 3DM Import and Upload Tool
2) In the application window’s upper-right corner, click the “Optimize” icon.
*Note: If you only see 3 icons like this image, then install the Optimize Mesh plug-in available at the following link:
Optimize Mesh Plug-In: https://kb.orbitgt.com/bentley/ccgeneratelod
3) Click the Optimize Mesh icon.
4) In the “Source” section, select the input .obj, .3sm or .3mx fie you want to convert, and select the input data’s CRS.
Note: Multiple meshes can be selected and converted to a single mesh. Be sure to choose your input format
5) When ready, click the “Start” button at the bottom of the Optimize widget. The optimized reality mesh will be created in the same directory as the input data. Note that the root fie of the optimized reality mesh is always named after your project and NOT a file named starting with N_.
Note: This process may take some time.
1) From Orbit 3DM Import & Upload Tool's application's upper-right corner, click the "ContextShare" upload button.
2) Click the "Connect" button.
3) Select the destination ProjectWise Project in the "Search projects" drop-down.
4) In the "Action" section, select 'New".
5) In the "Resource" section, select "Resource Directory".
6) In the "File Selection" section, select "Web Ready 3D Scalable Mesh (json)" in the Choose DataType drop-down.
7) Click the "Browse" button and select the root .json file of the reality mesh to be uploaded.
8) In the Upload section, click the "Start Now" button. You can monitor the upload status using the progress bar in this section.