I need your help regarding the following problem:
1. I am able to run Microstation CE update 12 on the computer
2. I am NOT able to run Microstation CE update 13 & 14 on the same computer. I mention that the splash screen appears the for a short time comes an empty MS window on whole screen, then MS exists. No exception is found in my ... temp\Bentley directory.
3. I am able to run on the same computer PowerDraft update 14 & View update 14.
Is anyone there that can help me? Any ideas?
CONNECT applications cannot run side by side, only one version of MicroStation CE can be installed.
I suggest uninstalling MicroStation CE using Windows Setting/Control Panel, then before installing Update14 delete the contents of the folders:
1. C:\Program Files\Bentley\MicroStation CONNECT Edition
2. C:\ProgramData\Bentley\MicroStation CONNECT Edition (assuming that you DO NOT have any unique DGN or other data files in that location!).
3. C:\Users\<userName>\AppData\Local\Bentley\MicroStation\10.0.0 (again assuming that you DO NOT have any unique DGNLIB or other data files in that location!).
(If in doubt back up the contents of folders 2 and 3)
Do you have full access to your machine to modify software or do you need to involve IT support?
Which version of Windows are you using?
1. Win 10, version 2004
2. I have admin rights on the machine
3. I do not have .NET 4.6.2 installed, but I have .NET 4.8 installed on the machine.
4. What do you mean by "CONNECT applications cannot run side by side, only one version of MicroStation CE can be installed."? I have for example View Update 12 & 14 installed on the same machine and both are working properly.
Thank you. It is working now. I think it was point 3 (multiple 10.0.x versions)
Each update of Mstn CE has a new set of bugs. How are you supposed to test the updated version prior to committing to switch to it? Right now, that is not a problem for me, simply because Mstn CE is not as reliable / has-more-bugs than Microstation V8i (SS3). Our office still uses V8i (SS3) due to these bugs. When we do move to a version of Mstn CE, how are we supposed to test a newer version without destroying your existing setup?
P.S. With the previous full beta programs, some of us were able to get the bugs fixed by the time that the pre-release and/or final release came out. The beta versions always installed in a separate folder, allowing for simultaneous usage of both the existing version and the new version during the internal/beta testing phase. Without this, there are more bugs in the released version, and there is no way to predict what critical process will be harmed by those bugs.
I recommend to post a new question (optionally with link to Marc's answer) and do not steal the thread with a new topic.
RobertArnold said:How are you supposed to test the updated version prior to committing to switch to it?
In my opinion two main options exist:
In my opinion it's not different from testing a majority of software I know today. Ability to install more versions separately is more and more rare.
Labyrinth Technology | dev.notes() | cad.point