I am trying to open a file on projectwise, but it is impossible with with a V8i program. I am trying to open it with SS10 08.11.09.919.
I have stumped my IT department. I have gone through and deleted all Bentley software, reinstalled, as well as restoring both V8i and CE to defaults.
I cannot even get Microstation to open the workspace configuration to see what happened, I have a hunch it has something to do with the MDLapps. I tried adding AutoTurn to Microstation Connect Edition by adding a line in the workspace configuration. It ended up not working and I removed it. Then this problem started with V8i
Something is causing your ProjectWise v8i to try and load stuff from MicroStation connect. I suspect your v8i got the projectwise configuration file from Microstation Connect some how.
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Bentley\MicroStation V8i (SELECTseries)\MicroStation\config\appl\
and delete PW.CFG file there. Then reinstall projectwise.
When you say you "deleted all bentley software" did you just do uninstalls then reinstalls, or did you uninstall, delete the bentley folders off your machine, then do reinstalls?
When you just do an uninstall bentley products will leave behind files that it didn't install or have been modified. then when you reinstall those files are still there and it will reuse them. (that's why in my instructions i said to delete the pw.cfg before reinstalling).
Oh, this could also be a problem in one of the other config files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Bentley\MicroStation V8i (SELECTseries)\MicroStation\config\ too, so after deleting the pw.cfg see if Microstation opens normally outside of projectwise. if it does then just do the reinstall of ProjectWise. If it's still a problem, uninstall Microstaiton V8i, delete the folders:
and reinstall Microstation
I noticed that. It's bizarre to me that V8i is trying to open Connect items.
I did delete all Bentley products with the Windows remover/my companies software portal, then deleted the Bentley folders in Appdata and both Program Files and Program Files (x86). No dice.
if you remove just the pw.cfg file (or rename it, i usually rename to pw.cfg.disabled when testing this) does it work (you won't get projectwise integration and your references may be missing but should at least open)?
I cant test right now, but I can confirm that Microstation opens fine externally, and I can even open files in Projectwise if I do not restart the workspace. It is only if I restart it, or open the file from the ProjectWise explorer.
I suspect it's something in your projectwise workspace, or your program association causing the issue.
Try opening your file again. Note that it's possible the dgn file has a different application associated with it than MicroStation, you can right-click the file, select Properties and see what application it's assigned to.
If you know how to get a Microstation debug when using ProjectWise Explorer that would probably help too.
No associations on any bentley products.
After verifying, I followed the steps here to get it to debug. It opened the text window, ran lots of text and i got "Microstation stopped working" I have attached both the text in the text window as well as the log from the "stopped working" window.
it's definitely an issue in your configs somewhere. I'd check your user config and see if there is anything in it that might cause an issue. It's hard to tell exactly where the problem is because the debug file is kind of messed up, presumably because of this issue. The exception log also shows variables and has and overall summary that is usually in the debug but is missing in yours.
Looking at the exception log the varialbes that are messed up are:
Everything else seems ok. MS_LIBRARY_PATH for example is correct.
You might check the C:\Program Files (x86)\Bentley\ProjectWise\bin\empty.cfg file and verify it has nothing in it (mine has a single comment line that it's a dummy file).
It may also be loading the road.ucf from C:\ProgramData\Bentley\MicroStation V8i (SELECTseries)\WorkSpace\users\
That's probably about the limit of what I can parse out of this, you'll probably need your ProjectWise workspace people take a look at it, they should be able to generate a debug on a good machine and compare to yours. There may also be an environment variable set that is screwing this up.