1. What OS is Web Services Gateway supported one?2. Can Web Services Gateway installed side by side with ProjectWise Web Services?3. What providers can Web Services Gateway connect to?4. I have multiple version of Web Service Gateway but need the URL redirected to the new site?5. Will security from each provider adhere through Web Service Gateway?6. Whats is the difference between Web Service Gateway and ProjectWise Web Services?7. Can ProjectWise Mobile Explorer connect through Web Services Gateway?
1. What OS is Web Services Gateway supported on?
a. 64-bit Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, IIS 7.5 with ASP.NET configured
b. 64-bit Windows Server 2012, IIS 8 with ASP.NET configured
2. Can Web Services Gateway installed side by side with ProjectWise Web Services?
Yes. As long as they are deployed to separate sites. Please DO NOT deploy it to the same site.
3. What providers can Web Services Gateway connect to?
c. eB Insight (PWECM)
4. I have multiple version of Web Service Gateway but need the URL redirected to the new site.
This is possible through URL Redirect in IIS. Please use the following link to configure: "http://www.iis.net/downloads/microsoft/url-rewrite" in the web.config file under the site folder (for example C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ws) has examples of configurations.
5. Will security from each provider adhere through Web Service Gateway?
Yes. Permissions that are set in each provider is what the end user will see in Field Supervisor app through the Web Service Gateway. By no means does the service reduce or give permissions.
6. Whats is the difference between Web Service Gateway and ProjectWise Web Services?
Web Services Gateway is the new server side install which allows connection to providers through Field Supervisor.
ProjectWise Web Services is the old Server side install which allowed connection to providers through ProjectWise Mobile Explorer
7. Can ProjectWise Mobile Explorer connect through Web Services Gateway?
No. Please use Field Supervisor application to connect. It is advised to use Field Supervisory application to connect to Web Services Gateway server. and ProjectWise Mobile Explorer to connect to ProjectWise Web Services. However, to get the latest and up to date bug resolution it is recommended to install Web Services Gateway and Field Supervisor application. At this time no new development is going to be done on ProjectWise Web Services.
8. I have Mobile Access Server should I keep using this or upgrade?
It is advised to upgrade to Web Services Gateway. Mobile Access Server was the first version of mobile access server install, Web Services Gateway is the latest and many new technical advancements have been made.
9. I have other IIS websites on the same server I would like to install Web Service Gateway on the same server ?
Yes you may do so, however please keep in mind to deploy Web Services Gateway on a separate site than the other web applications. It is also important to mention that performance is dependent on hardware specifications. Please make sure ample memory, cpu, etc... is given to the server environment. Please contact your Server Administrator for further consultation.
10. Is there a way to require "Re-authentication" of a user? Once a user establishes a connection to a datasource anyone with access to the device would be able to access the content that has been downloaded.
To correctly upgrade to a new version is fairly simple. For Web Service Gateway. You just need to un-deploy and uninstall and then re-install and deploy the latest version. It is always advised to read the implementation guide just in case there are and new updates or requirements with the new releases.
For Field Supervisor I would let the application store update it automatically or you do it manually.
How to correctly upgrade to newer version?