You are currently reviewing an older revision of this page.
1. What OS is Web Services Gateway supported on?
a. 64-bit Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, IIS 7.5 with ASP.NET configured
b. 64-bit Windows Server 2012, IIS 8 with ASP.NET configured
2. Can Web Services Gateway installed side by side with ProjectWise Web Services?
Yes. As long as they are deployed to separate sites. Please DO NOT deploy it to the same site.
3. What providers can Web Services Gateway connect to?
c. eB Insight (PWECM)
4. I have multiple version of Web Service Gateway but need the URL redirected to the new site.
This is possible through URL Redirect in IIS. Please use the following link to configure: "http://www.iis.net/downloads/microsoft/url-rewrite" in the web.config file under the site folder (for example C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ws) has examples of configurations.
5. Will security from each provider adhere through Web Service Gateway?
Yes. Permissions that are set in each provider is what the end user will see in Field Supervisor app through the Web Service Gateway. By no means does the service reduce or give permissions.
6. Whats is the difference between Web Service Gateway and ProjectWise Web Services?
Web Services Gateway is the new server side install which allows connection to providers through Field Supervisor.
ProjectWise Web Services is the old Server side install which allowed connection to providers through ProjectWise Mobile Explorer
7. Can ProjectWise Mobile Explorer connect through Web Services Gateway?
No. Please use Field Supervisor application to connect.