The SIG introduced the new Ideas Portal for Bentley Users. The portal is the entry point for product enhancement ideas moving forward.
Microsoft has disclosed a critical security vulnerability with it's Print Spooler service.
APM Server and APM Clients (Remote, Smart, Thick) use the Print Spooler service to print reports and work packages.
It is recommended that APM users update to the July 6th 2021 security update
If this is not possible then the print spooler service can be disabled temporarily while the update is rolled out. While the service…
I'm excited to share that a select group of Bentley users are trying out a new system for opening Service Request.
The objective of the trial is to confirm our assessment that the new system is a great fit for both Bentley and our Users, and that it will deliver significant improvements in the areas of user portals, self-service, knowledge management, visibility of issues, and communication.
If you are an APM user…
Today's recorded meeting and PowerPoint presentation. Topics today were:
1. A talk on the User Success Program
2. A brief talk on Cameco's implementation lessons learned
3. A presentation of what's new in the latest releases of Assetwise Reliability
4. A Q&Acommunities.bentley.com/.../User-Update-_3D00_-What_2700_s-new_5F00_May-2021-SIG.pdf
AssetWise APM v7.14 is now available for general access from Bentley Software Downloads.
Just a friendly reminder to check that you have added your new financial periods in APM for the year 2021.
To do this, go to the Administration menu on Enterprise and look at the Financial Periods tab. If any of the periods for the Year, Quarters or Months of 2021 are missing then you can easily add them by checking out the Site and pressing the New button on the appropriate list.
Also, the Bentley APM Support office will…
- Resolved application crash when deployed with Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution
This new version can be downloaded from the Apple App Store
AssetWise APM v7.13 is now available for general access from Bentley Software Downloads.
Sites using Mobile Device Management (MDM) software to push the APM Mobile App on iOS 14.2 may hit an issue where the APM Mobile app stops working after 10-20 seconds after opening.
Bentley tested our application on 14.2 iOS prior to the iOS release and can confirm that downloading the APM Mobile app directly from the Apple App store will work.
Per Apple support, this issue has been reported by a number of software vendors…
- Resolved application crash when connecting to APM Server Version 7.12.5
This new version can be downloaded from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store
- Fixed application crash when opening checksheets on older tablets
AssetWise APM v7.12.5 is now available for general access from Bentley Software Downloads.
- Added setting to enable split screen mode on tablets, default is no split screen use the gear icon menu option to change the setting
- Blank previous readings are now populated
- Indicator readings sometimes forgetting the entered value
- Carousel swipe performance improved
- Enforce barcode scan now hides the data entry section until the barcode is scanned
- Stability improvements
This new version can be downloaded…
Saturday, August 22, 2020 between 12:01 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. EDT (UTC-4)
During this time, Bentley’s Identity Management System (IMS) may be unavailable as the User. Please plan for this service outage as we complete the upgrade.
For details of the upgrade, please see https://communities.bentley.com/communities/other_communities/sign-in_assistance_and_web_services/w/wiki/50711/user-management-2-0
Today, 15th July 2020, support is seeing a sudden increase of calls related to the APM SmartClient.
Preliminary investigation is pointing to the application of Microsoft patch, https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4565631/kb4565631-cumulative-update-for-net-framework
Current symptoms are:
- Task Details in Mobile Inspections App
- Inactive Old Ivara Handheld (PDA) Mobile Computers assigned to employee interfere with Synchronization
- Enhancement - Show last completion date and time for repetitive checksheet on Mobile Inspection
- Mobile Inspection errors with Cannot Connect with Server error message when employee is not linked with username
- Mobile Inspections - Unable to search activity…
The recording of the May 2020 special interest group meeting. Topics include:
- Data Lost when opening the indicator reading details view.
- Opening the indicator reading details view sometimes opened the wrong indicator reading
This new version can be downloaded from the Google Play Store
-Photo taken with mobile device assigned cryptic names
-Successful barcode scan message not properly displayed when Reading tab is active
-Including a Minimum Value on an indicator does not allow you to enter a reading
-Error message when location services are turned off when opening a checksheet
-Add the ability to default the server url for faster deployments
-Asset Number added to the checksheet list
Advanced Production Loss Accounting has been enhanced by the addition of the Asset Product Capacity object, which tracks an asset’s production capacity for a product and month. When production loss events occur, APM calculates the changes to the affected assets’ capacity. APM calculates the costs of production loss…
Updated for 64 bit processors
Upload size reduced
Activity List Search (Android)
Pinch to Zoom on Barcode Scan (iOS and Android)
Failure to upload checksheets with large instructions on indicator readings (iOS and Android)