The user performs a quick search and then select Download All Results from the action pane. Upon opening the output CSV file, the user notices some data values have lost their leading zeros. For example, Document Revision "001" has become "1".
Excel interprets 001 as a number and strips off the leading zeros.
Do not open the output file from eBweb directly. Save it to a folder first and use Excel to open the text file, with the following steps:
1. After clicking Download All Results, do NOT click Open
2. Click Save or Save As instead
3. Run Excel
4. Go to the Data tab and click the “From Text” button
5. Browse to the download folder where the CSV file was saved, select the file and then click Import
6. In the Text Import Wizard - Step 1 of 3 window, click Next
7. In the Text Import Wizard - Step 2 of 3 window, ckeck the box next to "Comma"
8. In the Text Import Wizard - Step 3 of 3 window, click the columns in concern and select Text
9. Click Finish
10. Now the data should display in excel with all the leading zeros retained.