Nitin Bhui, Bentley Technical Support Group
Getting error while selecting Edit option for the document in the eB Web. Error : There was a problem loading controls from Plug-ins “Object reference not set to an instance of an Object”
The reason we are getting this error because there are some mandatory attributes added for the new documents and the same attributes are not synced with old documents created with the same template.
So in order to sync the mandatory attributes with old documents, we need to do follow the below procedure.
1) Go to Layout Editor --> Expand the document class --> Click on the edit --> On the sections menu on right pane --> Expand Details --> Click on Properties --> Removed the tick mark for Mandatory attributes and save it. (First check the documents assigned to class are editable or not then proceed)
2 ) Recycle the default pool.
3) Checked the documents again now you must be able to edit it
4) Then do the synchronization with add missing template attributes.
5) After that add removed mandatory attributes in the layout editor.
6) Recycle the default application pool
7) try and test the same document to edit.