A document is created in eB and marked as "change control" , which means once the document is approved one cannot change the status of the document to unapproved status.It is used to restrict the further changes to the document after the approved state.Hence if any change to the document is necessary and desirable a new revision of the document is to be next relevant step.
But If a document is marked change control by fault and it is important to delete and apply some changes to the document?
If a approved document which is also marked change control and you are not able to delete it directly, youneed to go to the database and follow the following steps:
1) Go to the database Server.
2) Go to the correct database
3) Under the document table find the Right document ID by running the query for finding the document id which you want to delete
select document_id from document;
3) Run the following query:
select * from documents where prefix='<PREFIX>'
/*enter your document no in <PREFIX> in the above SQL*/
/*find the document_id for your document */
update documents set status='N' where document_id=<DOCUMENTID>
/*replace the <DOCUMENTID> with your document_id*/
4) Run the query, This will make the document Not approved with status changing from A to N.
5) go back to web or director .
6) Click delete on the desired document.
7) Document will be deleted.
Hope this helps you in deleting an approved change control document.
Many thanks for this article - it saved me 4 hours of work