Many times we need to add/remove some security from all the document of particular template. If document are not more than 20 or 40 then we can do it manually, but if the documents are more than 100 then it is quite difficult to do it manually. We have a feature to overcome this problem. We need to change the template as per the requirement and synchronize it with the entire dependent document. Here I pen down the steps to accomplish the task.
For basic understanding about the functionality, I have created a template and a document. Below steps accomplish the task of synchronization.
1) Here I have added a person in security (in template) and I want this person should be in all the document created from this template.
2) Here I have clicked on synchronization option.
3) Below image shows the all the available option in synchronization.
4) As I am appending the template security to the document, I choose “Append template security with existing security” and click on “next”.
5) Here you have option to select individual document or the entire list.
6) Here is the last step shows you which shows the how many objects got updated.
7) Now, when you look at the document you will find that security is added in it.