This Wiki gives instructions on how to delete TMA Web Service instance data which is stored in the SOA repository database.
By default the TMA EToN web server will store transmission logs for all incoming and outgoing transactions. Over time the data stored in the SOA repository can build up and most is no longer needed.
Some users like to keep all of this data for audit purposes, but it isn’t strictly required and some users prefer to delete the data.
If you would prefer to delete some of the instance data, please try the following:
1. Log in to the Enterprise manager console on the EToN Web Server
2. Using the tree menu on the left, navigate to SOA > SOA-INFRA
3. Here you will see a list of the Weblogic partitions running on the server. Ignoring the ‘default’ partition, most users only have one other partition, but some have another if they have a web service for their test system etc. Each partition contains several composites – EtoNIncoming, EToNOutgoing and if you forward notices you will also see EToNForwarding. The example below shows 2 partitions on our test environment, one for our authority test system and another for our utility test system.
4. Select one of the composites within a partition
5. Select the Instances tab
6. Click the Delete With Options button
7. Select the ‘Common Delete Options’ list of values and select ‘Older than 31 days’. You could delete more, but we recommend that you at least keep the previous months data.
8. Click the Delete button.
9. You should then see the following confirmation message. Click the refresh page icon to see an updated list of instances.
10. Repeat the steps above for each of the composites within each partition.
How to limit your log file numbers and sizes: