LARS Bridge and LARS are companion solutions for bridge load-rating calculation, analysis, and analytical modeling for existing and planned bridges. The software interoperates seamlessly to handle the most common bridge types-single or continuous span. BridgeModeler provides a full toolset for easy graphical modeling and analysis of bridge load ratings. LARS is a load-analysis engine that calculates and analyzes load rates.
• Easy-to-use Windows interface• Model definition using graphical tools that provide instant feedback• Bridge model components, including cross section components, loads, and stirrup placement, located using a unique parametric referencing scheme• Reduced model-preparation time• Supports field-inspection activities• Supports design of new bridges• Supports management of text and graphics data (digital photographs)• Modeling of defects in existing bridges• Allowable stress customization for all material types
• Member ID• Member type• Flexural• Truss• Member function• Longitudinal Deck• Longitudinal -thru, top• Longitudinal - thru, bottom• Floor beam - interior• Floor beam - cantilevered• Floor beam - end• Truss (simple span and continuous/cantilever span)• Live load distribution factors• Max. / min. impact factors for:• Inventory• Operating• Posting• Special• Copy-member feature• Member-symmetry feature
• Structural steel• Hybrid steel• Composite steel and concrete• Composite hybrid steel and concrete• Prestressed concrete• Composite prestressed concrete• Reinforced concrete• Timber
• Up to 20 spans• Simple and continuous span• Fixed or pinned ends (left, right, or both)• Hinges at any location
• Steel (composite and noncomposite)• Pre-stressed (composite and non-composite)• Reinforced concrete• Continuous trusses• Cantilever trusses• Simple span trusses• Timber• Up to 20 spans
• BridgeModeler uses unique parametric referencing scheme to model bridge components• Steel sections built up with plates or standard sections from library• Add multiple cover plates to built up section or standard section• Prestressed concrete sections include rectangular and I-sections or standard sections from library• Reinforced concrete sections include rectangular, T-beam, or I-beam• Built in rebar sizes• Timber sections• Sections can include defects and deterioration • Shear reinforcement using stirrups or bent up bars• Lateral bracing and stiffeners (including longitudinal stiffeners)
• ASD, LFD and LRFD using latest AASHTO specifications.
• Default checkpoints• Multiple exact checkpoints at any location• Separate rating checkpoints for shear, moment, or both
• Concentrated loads• Uniform loads at any location on a member• Nonuniform load at any location on a member
• Moment envelopes for selected member by rating type (Inventory, Operating, or Posting) showing: o Dead load momento Superimposed dead load momento Live load + impact momento Available moment capacity for top positive, top negative, bottom positive, and bottom negative conditions.• Shear envelopes for selected member by rating type (Inventory, Operating, or Posting) showing: o Dead load shearo Superimposed dead load shearo Live load and impact shearo Available shear capacityo Top positive, top negative, bottom positive, and bottom negativeconditions• Moment and shear influence lines at any checkpoint• Hardcopy laser printer plot
• Flexural tabular reports• Flexural detail reports at default checkpoints• Flexural detail report at all checkpoints (tenth points and user specified locations)• Flexural summary
Hardware requirements• Intel-compatible workstations running Windows