The issue is related with the “Retain Beam Level changes” option. In CONSPAN under Show > Preferences we have an option “Retain Beam Level Changes”. This setting is not file specific, it is machine specific. You might have it ON and the
Here is what I want you to do:
- Open your CONSPAN file
- Click on Show > Preferences
- Toggle OFF “Retain Beam Level Changes” and click OK
- Click YES to the next dialog.
If you are not making any Beam level changes then one should keep the “Retain Beam Level Changes” OFF and then run the Analysis.
The Analysis needs to be reset and then re-ran. To do that please do the following:
- Go to the Materials tab and change the Unit Weight of the girder and then click on Loads tab.
- Click on Yes to accept the change (this will force the program to clear the Analysis)
- Go back to the Materials tab and change the Unit Weight back to original value.
- Make sure to go to Analysis > Design Parameters and set the desired options.
- Run the analysis
- If you go to the Beams, they will all have the same settings as per your Materials or Analysis settings.