To place either functional components (parametric cells) or regular MicroStation cells onto supportlines, use the following steps.
1. OpenBridge Modeler installs some sample functional cells as part of the product installation. By default these are located in the folders here
C:\ProgramData\Bentley\OpenBridge Modeler CONNECT Edition\Configuration\Organization-Civil\_Civil Default Standards - Imperial\Bridge Templates\Functional Components
C:\ProgramData\Bentley\OpenBridge Modeler CONNECT Edition\Configuration\Organization-Civil\_Civil Default Standards - Metric\Bridge Templates\Functional Components
2. If there is additional content that you would like to see in the drop down when selecting the custom piers, you can edit the configuration variable OBM_PIER_CELLLIST and add either the folder or specific cel file names.
3. On the Home tab, select the Place Custom tool in the Substructure group.
4. In the Select Cell command, you can see all of the cells available for placing. Check under Type for Standard or Parametric cells and select the parametric cell. All the variables are also displayed along with a preview of the cell.
Note: These values are read only and cannot be edited at this point before placement. Click OK to close
5. Select the supportlines and reset and the parametric cells will be placed in the file.
6. To modify the parameters (variables) of the individual cells, simply select the cell, step down all the way to Selection as shown in the image below and then modify any of the variables accordingly.