We are trying to convert a model from OpenPlant to IFC with AECOsim.
This should be pretty straightforward, because AECOsim reads the OpenPlant's elements propierties.
We have tried a few options here and there but with no effect.
Here is the tank with the propierties from OpenPlant we want to export.
1 - IFC_WORKSET = 2
2 - Exported as IFC 4 Reference View. Results: (NO DATA)
3 - Creating a new family / part (PLUMBING - TANK) and Mapping (no warnings at exporting)
4 - Same result and no DATA
5 - Adding an istance data (Catalog type and istance - Storage tank) and mapping Storage tank as IfcTank
It exports the istance data but not the data from the OpenPlant's model.
What are we missing here? Why does not the data from the element export to the ifc element?
What do we need to configure or map or do to make this happen? If you need more information don't hesitate to ask.
i think you are missing a crucial step. All ifc objects have a predefined list of properties. these are grouped into ifc property sets or psets for short. you have done both the family and part , and datagroup mapping so far this only gives you the highlevel mapping. you need to map the individual tank properties to the individual ifc tanks properties or psets. for those properties that do not have a direct mapping you will have to create a custom pset definition and include that in the mapping settings.
I will ask if we have published a wiki on this and get back to you.
Bentley Systems, Manchester UK
Are you refering to this option?
Because we would need to instance all elements (thousands) of the model and that is non viable.
Our main goal is to load the dgn model into Navisworks.
The DGN file crashes navisworks and the i.model does not load the geometry nor the data.
1. i.models not currently supported by Navis. IFC also does not seem to be very well supported by Navis.
2. OTOH, it seems like most dgn elements are supported.
Maybe, the workaround would be to be to first get the geometry into Navis first and add the attribute data using Navis' Datalink tools?
You may have to drop the elements with 'Application data' ticked, and ensure that there are no 'extended elements' that Navis will not recognise.
I am surprised that there is no IFC exporter in Openplant. I assume that you have submitted a SR?
Firstly, can you please, show me where is 'Application data' option in Navis?
We haven't submitted a service request, we may do, but we found this
We finally manage to import the DGN to Navis, but some geometries were lost. (like the stairs, fixtures, roofs...)
We will try to load the files separately, but I don't know if it will work. We'll keep trying.
Thank you for your answer
We've just tried the beta loader, it seems it imports better the geometry, but again, geometry that worked fine on the legacy, does not load well on the beta.
Also, all data is lost, so datalink is not possible.
I'll keep updating as we move forward
1. The Application Data option is in Mstn's Drop Element tool. I am suggesting that it may help Navis import the dgn's if you simplify the dgn's before using the Navis import tool. I would also ungroup any orphan cells in Mstn.
2. SR: I would submit ASAP. Your account manager will have access to a workaround, known issues database.
3. Datalink: I was not very clear. If you publish an i.dgn from Openplant, you should be able to use the free i-ware ODBC tools to extract the attribute information as an excel file or .mdb. You should be able to use Navis Datatool link to re-attach the data using the GUID's or ElementID's.