Scale exported as cm and not mm, I've set units to mm in all files as well as setting up the dwg seed but am still out by one decimal,
My workflow includes placing a newly created catalogue item, calling this from a parametric cell within a cell library, with the placement coordinates coming from a csv file
The export process is manual by selecting - file, export, common file format, dwg...
Can you please point me to where or which variable needs to be set to ensure the master unit setting is not overridden.
I've seen posts asking the similar question over the years but no answer or resolve provided, I'm running ABD Connect 10.4.0.69
all help appreciated
I moved your post to the OpenBuildings Designer forum as this forum will be more likely to provide a good answer to your question.
Hi Mueller, apologies should have mentioned that the above was only occurring when exporting from GC and when exporting the catalogue item from OBD it worked fine, I have tried changing the units in both the source file and seed with no success
Thank you for the clarification. Theoretically, it should not make a difference whether this is from OpenBuildings Designer with GenerativeComponents or without. Practically, I may need more information than provided. Which dataset are you using? Could you please provide a sample DGN file which you want to export as DWG? How do you check the accuracy of your DWG data (with which software)?
That will help with the initial investigation.
I seem to have corrected the problem, I’m not sure how but there seems to be a conflict of the ‘Constraint’ variables being linked to length distance of the extruded ( a profile sketch being constraint by dimension variables) and this not influenced by the changes made to the master units in the settings, but when re-creating the cell file with new models, the extrusion length was the only variable that did not change to the set variable – it required a new profile to be drawn and the variables re-applied/linked before the correction in units were recognized
Re-initialising the catalogue items to the correct cell was easy enough and the GC script runs as would expect, the export also now works with all measurements in mm as per the GC source file
next steps are now to include this as an option in the script
I am very glad to hear that you resolved the problem!
I have been looking into this, as well as our support team, had found that the standard case appears to work; however, had not determined, yet, what caused the problem that you described.
We here at Bentley will take note of your observations and determine whether the results that you observed were to be expected, i.e. whether the software worked as designed.
Please also note that full adoption of parametric cell technology for GenerativeComponents is still in progress, so your observations are also important to the development team.