How do you set the transparency threshold in OBD CE U4?
1. There is a setting in the Display Styles dialog, which only seems to work when the Threshold is set 100%. Anything else results in transparent glass.
2. Looking at the F+P Editor dialog, there doesn't seem to be a setting for transparency.
3. Clicking on the materials property brings up the Rendering Materials dialog. But it doesn't look like the opacity slider affects the display
The Transparency Threshold setting is typically used in conjunction with the assigned material's Opacity value as outlined in this wiki:https://communities.bentley.com/products/building/building_analysis___design/w/building_analysis_and_design__wiki/10484/transparency-threshold-in-display-styles
Does that help explain what you're seeing?
Thanks for the tip. As mentioned at step 3, I couldn't get the material's opacity to influence the transparency of the glass.
I will try again tomorrow.
1. Need to click on 'Assign to Part' in the Materials Editor... it would be good NOT to have this buried in the drop down?
2. And confirm that the Dataset is to be updated.
If I'm understanding correctly, it's the same assignment that can be made through the Family/Part Editor?
OK, thanks. Just wanted to be sure.
From a building perspective, using the Family/Part Editor to link a Part to a Material is typically considered the more intuitive workflow.