When I try to create a Steel Column Schedule in OpenBuildings Designer v 10.12.0.41 I receive the error message stating (Column Schedules: Failed to locate drawing seed "Steel Column Schedule"). In the Graphical Column Schedule Settings dialog box it seems to be reading the drawing seeds in the DrawingSeed_GraphicalSchedules.dgnlib. Am I missing a configuration variable? or is this a bug in CONNECT Edition?
Please go to the Configuration Variables and check if the variable "BB_GRAPHICALSCHEDULE_DGNLIBLIST" is properly defined and points to the correct respective DGNLIB.
BB_GRAPHICALSCHEDULE_DGNLIBLIST = $(_USTN_WORKSETSTANDARDS)DgnLib/*.dgnlib
This is the variable that I have in the workset.cfg. I copied the DrawingSeed_GraphicalSchedules.dgnlib from the Dataset_US/Dgnlib folder into my workset/dgnlib folder and renamed with a prefix.
For some reason the Steel Column Schedule will not work if that file is renamed. I retraced my steps and discovered that if I leave the file name as DrawingSeed_GraphicalSchedules.dgnlib the Steel Column Schedule command will work but if I change the name of that file then I still receive the same error.
Answer Verified By: Steve Cocchi
By default BB_GRAPHICALSCHEDULE_DGNLIBLIST is defined at the Application level and points to ...\DrawingSeed_Graphical*.dgnlib (vs. *.dgnlib). Then you left your DGNLib file with the original name, was that still in the workset's \standards folder?
I tried defining the variable several different ways
BB_GRAPHICALSCHEDULE_DGNLIBLIST = $(_USTN_WORKSETSTANDARDS)DgnLib/(prefix)DrawingSeed_GraphicalSchedules.dgnlib
BB_GRAPHICALSCHEDULE_DGNLIBLIST = $(_USTN_WORKSETSTANDARDS)DgnLib/DrawingSeed_GraphicalSchedules*.dgnlib
No matter which variable I used I couldn't get it to work with the renamed ((prefix)DrawingSeed_GraphicalSchedules.dgnlib) library.
Currently in my workset.cfg file, I define BB_GRAPHICALSCHEDULE_DGNLIBLIST = $(_USTN_WORKSETSTANDARDS)DgnLib/*.dgnlib and I have the DrawingSeed_GraphicalSchedules.dgnlib in my workset
/standards/dgnlib folder and it seems to be working fine.
OK, thanks for confirming. Back to the drawing board...