I have created a custom set Part & Family's and also a DGNLIB with all the matching levels required for each family part.
But when I open the "Family/Part Editor" all the family part have "(Non Existent Level)" behand them but the levels are present in the file from the DGNLIB
Using OpenBuildings Designer Update 8
What is your DGNLIB called?
The default values for variable MS_DGNLIBLIST_LEVELS are set to Levels*.dgnlib, any DGENLIB in these locations whose filename follows that pattern will be included. Other filenames will not.
The design intention is that DGNLIBS can be used for their intended purpose via their name without configuration changes.
The issues is not the DGNLIB, but the DGNLIB files name is "Levels_ONYX.dgnlib"
I can see in the level library in the Level Manager, but the levels are always (Non Existent Level).
The only time the level is correct in the list is if it has been an active level.
As you have raised this issue in this SR 7001239798 and it resulted in Defect Report 1129858.
Once this issue gets resolved you will be notified. The status of the SR will be Open-Defect filed
Answer Verified By: Marc Thomas
Has this issue been resolved. For what it's worth, this only occurs when the dataset is placed on the network. When working from default install location, this does not occur.
I'm having the same issue, and I can't use new parts because any geometry in my files that have a "non existent level" don't appear in the dynamic views. has this been resolved?
Development has reviewed this Defect request. After careful evaluation, this functionality works as it was designed and intended due to the mentioned points below
1. When you're designing a new part it is necessary for the levels you specify in the new part to exist in an available level library. But this is not a sufficient condition for these part levels to automatically get added in your files and if Family/Part Editor states that a level is Non-Existent, then the level is not present in the file, even if it is present in a level library.
2. It is intended to follow the below workflow including the main "Definition" level that gets added to a file in the following three ways:
a) if the level exists in the seed, it is copied into a new file created from that seed, and
b) when the user places an element on that level in a model in the file. (That level from the library add to the design file)
c) when we update or import the respective level library file into the Design file then that level from Non-Existent change to Existent.
I think a complete misunderstanding of the issue here.
We are trying to assign levels to parts within the dataset editor. If the level does not exist locally in the file then we are not able to select and define that level to the part.
Having to create an element on a level, to allow that level to then be assigned to a part is just stupid if working as designed.
The levels exist in libraries for a reason, so we dont have copies of every level in every file. The non existent levels exist in the level manager in the active file, but cannot be assigned to parts.
As I said in my previous post, this works as it should when working locally, but when the dataset is placed on a network, then it doesn't.