Using AECOsim Building Designer Ss4, valves are not resymbolized using the cells defined in the delivered cell libraries such as StandardSymbols_Mechanical.
Bentley Systems will investigate the components that do not have 2D symbols applied and which cells (from our existing libraries) should be for those components, for inclusion in a future version of AECOsim Building Designer.
In the interim, you can create custom valve drawing rules that use specific cells displaying the desired 2D symbol.
Defining a new rule using a specific symbol
1. Choose Building Designer > Mechanical > Mechanical Drawing Rules Manager2. Click on the New button3. Name your rule as desired and apply Singleline or Doubleline graphics and Attribute Labels as needed.4. In the Symbology tab, check the Use Cell box at the lower left.
5. Click on the ellipsis button to open the Cell Picker dialog, and click the ellipsis button again to select the desired cell library.
6. Select the desired cell from the list.
7. Once the cell displays as selected, click OK to save the new rule.
Apply your new rule
1. Hover over any element in your existing drawing and choose Set Reference Presentation from the right-click pop-up menu.2. Click on the Add Rule button, select your new rule, set the Based On criteria to apply to the appropriate valve type, and click on the Add To View button.
3. With the new rule in the list, click on the OK button.
4. The previous generic valve symbol should now be replaced by the cell you had chosen.
XXXXXXX(Add links as needed for other relevant Be Communities content.)XXXXXXX