There may be cases where you need to rename existing Drawings and/or the Sheets into which they're referenced while maintaining the navigation links used by the HyperModel chain. These links are stored in the matching Saved View generated at the time the Drawing View is created and point to the Drawing an/or Sheet Model and Reference Logical names. In order to change the Drawing View name that is propagated through the HyperModel chain:
1. Browse to the DGN File and Design Model where the Drawing View was originally created.
2. Open the Saved View dialog box, right-click on the appropriate Saved View, and choose "Properties" from the pop-up list to open the MicroStation Element Information dialog box.
3. Scroll down to the property panel named "Links" and click the down arrow to expand it.
4. Click on the "+" to expand the Links panel to expose both Link sets if a Drawing and Sheet had been created. Note: If there is only a Drawing or a Sheet, there will only be one linkset.
5. In the first linkset, click on the right-hand column where the link names are displayed and then click on the ellipses button (3 dots) to open the Links dialog.
6. Change the Model Name and Logical Name fields as desired and click OK.
7. Repeat step 5 and 6 for the second linkset.
8. Close the Element Information dialog
9. Back in the Saved View dialog, rename the Saved View to match the links modified above.
10. Open the Models dialog and rename the applicable Drawing and Sheet Models to match the links modified above.
11. Navigate to your newly renamed Drawing Model, open the References dialog, and change the Logical Name field to match the modifications made above.
12. Navigate to your newly renamed Sheet Model and repeat the change outlined in step 11.
13. Right-click on the Drawing Title itself and choose Properties from the pop-up menu.
14. In the General property panel, change the Name field to match the modifications above. The HyperModel chain should now reflect the renamed Drawing in the Mini Toolbar in the 3D Model, the Drawing and Sheet Models, and the sheet's Drawing Title.
1. Open the Models dialog, right-click on the active Sheet model from the list and choose Properties.
2. Under the Sheet Properties heading change the Sheet Name field to the desired new name.
3. Click OK.
1. Open the References dialog box.
2. Right-click on the Drawing referenced into the active Sheet and choose Settings from the pop-up menu.
3. Change the Detail Scale value as desired and click OK.