How to create Dormer Windows using AECOsim Building Designer
1. Create the roof or open drawing containing the roof where dormer windows are to be added.
2. Place walls, roof, and window for the dormer window as required
3. Now place shapes that will represent opening(s) for the dormer window (holes in the roof)
4. Select the tool "Construct opening in a wall/form from a shape or compound cell" to add openings in the roof
Workflow for adding an opening;
5. Trim roof using tool "Trim one roof to another roof" by selecting dormer roof first then the main roof to trim.
6. Trim wall(s) to the roof using "Modify the base height of a Form" tool.
Workflow for modifying wall height;