I am suddenly experiencing issues, errors and odd behaviors in AECOsim Building Designer. For example:
- When I open a DGN file for the first time after starting AECOsim Building Designer I would like the view windows to appear the way I left them when I closed the file. I have Save Settings On Exit ticked but the windows are automatically rearranged.
- Sometimes I experience somewhat random glitchy behavior while working, such as tool settings not being retained or graphics temporarily displaying incorrectly.
- AECOsim Building Designer suddenly starts generating errors when I try to create a Dynamic View.
For intermittent odd behavior we recommend that you first try regenerating your local \prefs files:
1. Close AECOsim Building Designer.
2. Use Windows Explorer to browse to your \prefs folder, by default found under C:\Users\your.name\AppData\Local\Bentley\AECOsimBuildingDesigner\8.11(or 10.0.0 for CE)\xxxxxxxx\. This location is defined by the configuration variable TFDIR_PREFS.You can also check the preferences location by choosing File > Settings > Configuration > About Configuration in CONNECT Edition, or Workspace > About Workspace in V8.
3. Rename the \prefs folder to "\prefs123" or similar.
4. Restart AECOsim Building Designer.
This will generate a new set of preference files which may help resolve these random issues.
Product TechNotes and FAQs
Bentley Technical Support KnowledgeBase
Bentley LEARN Server