I am suddenly experiencing issues, errors and odd behaviors in AECOsim Building Designer. For example:
- When I open a DGN file for the first time after starting AECOsim Building Designer I would like the view windows to appear the way I left them when I closed the file. I have Save Settings On Exit ticked but the windows are automatically rearranged.
- Sometimes I experience somewhat random glitchy behavior while working, such as tool settings not being retained or graphics temporarily displaying incorrectly.
- AECOsim Building Designer suddenly starts generating errors when I try to create a Dynamic View.
For intermittent odd behavior we recommend that you first try regenerating your local \prefs files:
1. Close AECOsim Building Designer.
2. Use Windows Explorer to browse to your \prefs folder, by default found under C:\Users\your.name\AppData\Local\Bentley\AECOsimBuildingDesigner\8.11\xxxxxxxx\. This location is defined by the configuration variable TFDIR_PREFS.You can also check the preferences location by choosing File > Settings > Configuration > About Configuration in CONNECT Edition, or Workspace > About Workspace in V8.
3. Rename the \prefs folder to "\prefs123" or similar.
4. Restart AECOsim Building Designer.
This will generate a new set of preference files which may help resolve these random issues.
Product TechNotes and FAQs
Bentley Technical Support KnowledgeBase
Bentley LEARN Server
Comments or Corrections?
Bentley's Technical Support Group requests that you please confine any comments you have on this Wiki entry to this " Comments or Corrections?" section. THANK YOU!