You are currently reviewing an older revision of this page.
Some of the significant new enhancements and capabilities available in AECOsim Building Designer V8i (SELECTseries 6), Update 1 are described below. More information on all of the new features can be found in the product documentation.
· Support for Windows® 10 and Windows Server® 2012 R2
· CONNECT Services - Azure cloud services to connect all users (CONNECTED Users) across projects (CONNECTED Projects) throughout your enterprises (CONNECT Enterprises).
· Direct integration with Bentley ContextCapture (Acute3D) reality modeling meshes. ContextCapture (.3mx) files can either be opened directly or referenced.
· RealDWG 2016 - You can now open and save RealDWG 2016 files in AECOsim Building Designer . You can also open AutoCAD 2016 object enablers.
· RFA 2016 - The AECOsim Building Designer RFA interpreter now supports RFA 2016.
· Microsoft Bing Map feature enabled in Raster Manger
· IFC CV2 Certification - Building Services (MEP)
· IFC4 Open/Reference (Technology Preview)
· IFC4 Export (Technology Preview)
· Redesigned Floor Manager - updated user interface improves performance for floor management workflows. New controls allow you to insert a floor at a desired elevation
· User Definable Key-ins - new key-in arguments for Catalog_Type and Catalog_Item. Identify user defined components by name
· Break Structural Member
· Annotation Scale support for Electrical Tags
· Dynamic loss coefficient for Duct Sizing - With the newly integrated ASHRAE database into the Duct Sizing workflow, you can now use laboratory determined fitting loss coefficients within your design.
· New Mechanical Components - Two new fittings, Square Throat Cross and Radius Throat Cross fittings are added to the Rectangular Connectors
· Dynamic Views - Align Annotation to ACS Option for DV
· Dynamic Views - Auto Annotate key-in w/ Cache View
· New configuration variable USTN_SUPPRESS_CROPPLANESECTIONGRAPHICS, (enabled by default) prevents Dynamic View clipping planes (all six sides) from generating section graphics in Cached Views, so that the intersecting edges display as open lines/curves
To learn more about this release, requirements, FAQs, and other related information, please reference the ReadMe.