How to export selected members from a DGN file to DWG?
1. Select the members to be exported:
2. Go to File>Export>Common File Types>DWG. Select "Options".
3. "Save as DWG/DXF Options" dialogue box appears. Go to the "Filter" Tab. From the "Geometry" dropdown menu select "Selection Set"
4. To ensure that the References in the DGN are not carried forward to the DWG file, go to the 'References' tab and make sure all the check boxes are disabled except "Merge Visible Edges of 3D Attachments"
5. Click on "OK" and save in proper location.
Steps to Resolve in V8i
For AECOsim Building Designer V8i, after selecting the elements, instead of exporting to DWG, go to File>Save As, from the 'Save as type' dropdown menu select Autodesk(R)DWG Files(*.dwg).
Then select "Options" and follow the steps as mentioned above.