The following steps are used to set the Floor Manager Properties to assist in the creation of Dynamic Views and Drawing Extractions.
Steps for using Floor Manager to create Dynamic View and Drawing Extraction Definitions
1) From the Project Management pull-down menu, select Floor Manager (7th menu item).
2) Select the 1st icon on the Floor Manager dialog to create a Building and use the 3rd icon to create a Floor.
3) Alternately, choose an existing floor in order to proceed to step #4.
4) On the right side of the Floor Manager dialog, set the values for the Floor Properties...
a) Cut Plane Delta will set the cut elevation of your View / Extraction relative to the Global Origin.
b) Forward View Depth sets the distance the View / Extraction will look beyond the Cut Plane.
c) Reflected View Depth sets the distance the View / Extraction will look above the Cut Plane (opposite the Forward View).
NOTE: If the Forward and/or Reflected View Depth properties are set to a value of 0:0, the resulting Dynamic View or Drawing Extraction definition will exclude those aspects.
5) Click Exit, which returns you to your original DGN file. From Project Management pull-down menu, open the Floor Selector (6th menu item) and put a checkmark in the DEM (Drawing Extraction Manager) column next to the appropriate Floor.
6) For Dynamic Views, this will automatically create a Saved View based on the Building and Floor names selected, which can then be applied to any view window, dragged into a sheet model from Project Explorer, or used to create a new Drawing and/or Sheet model referencing that Saved View.
7) For Drawing Extractions, this automatically creates a drawing definition, also based on the Building and Floor names selected, which can then be calculated to generate your output.
Product TechNotes and FAQs
Building Product TechNotes And FAQs
Bentley Technical Support KnowledgeBase
Bentley LEARN Server
Bentley's Technical Support Group requests that you please confine any comments you have on this Wiki entry to this "Comments or Corrections?" section. THANK YOU!