1) Click on the Manage DataGroup Annotation icon.
2) Create a new DataGroup Annotation Cell Model.
3) Set the new cell's properties to 'Can be placed as a cell'.
4) Select the "Wall" DataGroup type from the drop-down list.
5) Choose the applicable DataGroup property.
6) Click the Place Text button and position the text as needed.
7) Repeat steps 2 thru 6 to create a Wall Leaf annotation cell.
8) Click the Close button to return to your 3D model.
9) Click on the Annotate Tool Settings icon.
10) Select your Wall Assembly cell for the DataGroup Type "Wall".
11) Select your Wall Leaf cell for the DataGroup Type "Wall Leaf".
12) Click on the Place DataGroup Annotation icon.
13) Data point on each wall leaf to place annotation relative to the individual leafs.
14) Data point on the wall assembly's Member Function Line to place annotation relative to the overall assembly.
NOTE: In V8i, DataGroup annotation will need to be placed in the 3D model.
Product TechNotes and FAQs
Building Product TechNotes and FAQs
Bentley Technical Support KnowledgeBase
Bentley LEARN Server
Comments or Corrections?
Bentley's Technical Support Group requests that you please submit any comments you have on this Wiki article in the "Comments" area below. THANK YOU!
I created service ticket #8000599781 on July 17,2009 regarding tagging compound walls
from drawing model. TR 278561 was created. Maybe Steve can find out where this stands
"NOTE: In V8i, DataGroup annotation will need to be placed in the 3D model."
hm - that is NOT what I want. I want to touch any wall, door, window, furniture, casework etc in the "drawing" or "sheet" model.