This FAQ answers a lot of questions about speedikon CONNECT Edition. It covers general, licensing and contract topics.
Please note that AECOsim Building Designer has been rebranded to OpenBuildings Designer. The license you use and which is listed in your contract is called OpenBuildings Designer. As a program you still need AECOsim Building Designer CONNECT Edition Update 4 for Speedikon CONNECT Edition.
2. I am currently using speedikon Architectural V8i or speedikon Industrial V8i running on MicroStation PowerDraft V8i or MicroStation V8i. What do I need to do to upgrade and use speedikon CONNECT Edition?
a. Download speedikon CONNECT Edition from Software Downloads. It will list AECOsim Building Designer CONNECT Edition as a dependency, download it. b. First install AECOsim Building Designer CONNECT Edition, then install speedikon CONNECT Edition. c. Launch speedikon CONNECT Edition by clicking on the product icon.
3. Will my SELECT Agreement change?
4. Will I have to pay when I upgrade to speedikon CONNECT Edition?
5. What is Bentley’s desktop application support policy for speedikon V8i?
6. I have upgraded to speedikon CONNECT Edition and my current project contract requires that I use speedikon Architectural V8i or speedikon Industrial V8i. Can I continue to use the V8i product and what will it cost me?
7. I am a new user and want to buy speedikon CONNECT Edition. What do I buy and what will I receive?
8. I am a new user and my project contract requires that I use speedikon Architectural V8i or speedikon Industrial V8i what do I have to purchase?
9. speedikon CONNECT Edition uses Subscription Entitlement Service (SES) licensing (formerly CONNECT Licensing). How does this work?
New license for Bentley speedikon Industrial V8i for MicroStation
Document in German