In OpenBuildings Designer I have created a custom Catalog Type + Item and have added an Asset ID property value to this custom equipment. The equipment will be placed along an alignment (the 3D centerline of a railway or roadway) created in OpenRail Designer that has Chainage start and end values, or specific locations along that alignment. In OpenRail Designer the Chainage value is defined using Asset Manager and is saved as an Item Type property. However, in OpenBuildings Designer I can’t find a good way to represent both the DataGroup Asset ID value and the Item Type Chainage value in the same schedule or report.
The best way to accomplish this would be to use the Reports tool since it can accomodate both DataGroup and Item Type properties:
1. In the Ribbon Bar, switch to either the Drawing or Modeling workflows, select the Analyze tab and click on the Reports icon.
2. From the Reports dialog create a new Category (if needed) and a new Report.
3. With the new report highlighted, select your custom DataGroup Catalog Item and the Item Type Asset_Info from OpenRail Designer.
4. Click on the Add Columns link to add the Chainage_Start and Chainage_End properties from Asset_Info and the Asset ID property from your DataGroup Catalog Item.
5. From the Reports dialog click on the Place Table icon, and choose the desired settings such as Seed, Text Style, etc..
6. Once placed, the resulting table should look something like this, which includes the Asset ID value along with the corresponding Chainage Start and End values.