When using the delivered Designseed.dgn from the Dataset_DE, Dataset_DK or Dataset_ISO19650 datasets, a DWG file can't be exported. It gives an error message:
SolutionAll the DGNLibs have duplicate Line Style definitions which cause this error message to appear. Hence it's necessary to compress all the Dgnlibs and the Designseed.dgn file with the options 'Building Dataset Elements' and 'Unused LineStyles'.Please Note: This problem only applies to OpenBuildings Designer Update 7 and 8 and is planned to be fixed in Update 9.
1. From File Explorer go to folder 'Dgnlib' in Dataset_DE, Dataset_DK and Dataset_ISO19650. You'll find the respective Dgnlib folders in the below mentioned path:
C:\ProgramData\Bentley\OpenBuildings CONNECT Edition\Configuration\Datasets\Dataset_DE\DgnLib C:\ProgramData\Bentley\OpenBuildings CONNECT Edition\Configuration\Datasets\Dataset_DK\DgnLib C:\ProgramData\Bentley\OpenBuildings CONNECT Edition\Configuration\Datasets\Dataset_ISO19650\DgnLib
2. Change the file extension of all the *.dgnlib files to *.dgn using a Command Prompt (cmd). i) Command Prompt can be started from windows ii) The Folder paths outlined in Step 1 should be applied in Command Prompt dialog using the "cd" command. Then type the following command in the next line of the Cmd dialog: ren *.dgnlib *.dgn
3. After changing the files to Dgn, create a new test file in OpenBuildings Designer (or open an existing one) using a different dataset.4. From the Back Stage go to Tools> Batch Process and run the batch process to compress all the modified DGNlib files. Do this for all the files except the LineStyle.dgn.5. Before running the Batch Process, toggle on 'Building Dataset Elements' and 'Unused Line Styles' from Compress Options. **DO NOT check the option 'include reference**
NOTE: If you are running the Batch process in MicroStation, Building Dataset Element will not be available in Compress Options.6. Create a new command file with .txt as an extension
7. In the .txt file give the Key-in as "compress design" and hit on save button before closing it.
8. Start the Batch Process9. Once the Batch Process is complete, change the dgn files back to Dgnlib in the Command Prompt dialog using the command: ren *.dgn *.dgnlib10. Compress the Designseed.dgn file, by opening it directly (ref to point 5)
11. Create a new file with Dataset_DE, Dataset_DK or Dataset_ISO19650, and choose the seed as Designseed.dgn. Place any line style, save and perform DWG Export. No error message should appear.