How can I select multiple structural elements with same section name using the Select by Attributes tool?
Steps to Accomplish
Please follow the below steps through which you select multiple structural elements with same section name at the same time.
3. In the Select by Attributes dialog select the “Structural” criteria from the criteria dropdown.
4. After opening the Structural Criteria dialog under Structural Geometry, select the Section Name of the elements used. In this case 900WB175 and O250 sections were used for steel columns.
5. Then return back to the Select by Attributes dialog and from the Tools menu select the Criteria Sets option.
6. After opening the Criteria set dialog box you will have to add the name of the sections respectively and close the tab after that.
7. Check on the Use Criteria Set box and in the dropdown you will see the Section Names you have added in step 6 above.
8. Finally, from that dropdown you can toggle between the sections as per your requirement and click on Apply. After that you will observe that all structural elements of the same section name will be selected at the same time.