How to export Navisworks NWC file successfully from OpenBuildings Designer without any error?
Steps to Accomplish
Please follow the below steps through which you can successfully export Navisworks file from OpenBuildings Designer.
2. Then you will have to go to the location where you have installed the software.
3. Then inside that Autodesk_Navisworks folder, you will have to open the folder in the order mentioned here: x64 >> NWEXPORT >> MS_V10 (“C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_Navisworks_Exporters_2022_Win_64bit_dlm_R1\x64\NWEXPORT\MS_V10”).
4. After opening the “MS_V10” folder you can see that four files are present in that folder.
5. After that you will have to go to this folder location: “C:\Program Files\Bentley\OpenBuildings CONNECT Edition\OpenBuildingsDesigner\Mdlapps” where the MDL applications of OpenBuildings Designer are stored.
6. Then from that Autodesk_Navisworks folder you will have to copy those four files and have to paste it in the Mdlapps folder of OpenBuildings Designer.
7. After copying those files, you will have to open the OBD and in the search ribbon you will have to search for Mdl Applications and open it.
8. After opening the Mdl application tool in the Available Applications area you will see that NWEXPORT_19 mdl file is present. Then you will have to load that file.
9. After loading that mdl file, in the Loaded Applications section you can see that Navisworks mdl file.
10. After that you will have to select that mdl file and clicked on Key-ins option. Then the Key-in toolbox appears and from the list of key-ins available you will have to select the “nwcout” key-in for exporting the DGN file.
11. Then after choosing the “nwcout” key-in another dialog box appears where you will have to choose the path where the NWC file will be exported and then click on OK after that.