Background In the Electrical discipline, you can place a variety of different Raceways, including both 3D and 2D representations, as well as hangers. It is also possible to route cables through the different raceway types available and then to create reports that include information like cable lists and the cable support system itself allowing for dimensioning.
Raceway accessories in the cable support system include a lineup of raceway hangers for lighting fixtures and raceway envelopes for space allocation and interference detection. Steps to Accomplish
Below is the workflow that will allow you to place Raceway into a Model
1. Register the active DGN file from the backstage by choosing Settings > Buildings > Electrical Setup > File Setup
2. With the Electrical discipline loaded, from the Electrical tab > Raceways tool group click on the Place Raceway icon.
3. In the Raceway dialog box under System, select the desired Raceway type and dimensions. In this example, we will be placing a Cable Ladder. If desired, check the Variable box to allow placing the Raceway component with a flexible, user-defined length by clicking a start and end data point.
4. Click on Insert, and then from Place Part / Options select the required placement Position and Angle.
5. Select a start point in the view window and the Cable Ladder will be placed.
Note: Using the same process we can also add Bends to the Raceway.