Background Ribbon customizations are stored in DGNLib files, so they may be stored in the user's Personal.dgnlib or in a Dgnlib file as pointed to by the configuration variable MS_GUIDGNLIBLIST.
Steps to Accomplish
Below is the workflow to move Ribbon Customizations from one GUI DGNLib file to another:
1. The first step is to open the file containing the Ribbon Customizations that you wish to move. The MS_GUIDGNLIBLIST variable will help you to find possible locations if you are not aware. By default, it’s saved in your Personal.OpenBuildingsDesigner.dgnlib under this location C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Bentley\OpenBuildingsDesigner\10.0.0\Prefs
2. Open the DGNLib file containing the Ribbon Customizations. If the active file is not a GUI DGNLib, then the OpenBuildingsDesigner.dgnlib is processed. This is consistent with Task customizations and allows administrators to maintain ribbon customizations using text editors.
3. In the key-in window, enter the key-in RIBBON CUSTOMIZATIONS EXPORTECXML.
4. In the Export Ribbon Customizations dialog, navigate to the location where you want to save the XML file and click Save.
5. Open the DGNLib file that is to contain the Ribbon Customizations.
6. In the key-in window, enter the key-in RIBBON CUSTOMIZATIONS IMPORTECXML.
7. In the Import Ribbon ECXml dialog, navigate to the location of the exported ECXml file in Step 3 and click Open.
Note: Optionally, you can remove all the existing ribbon customizations before importing the ECXml file by using the key-in RIBBON CUSTOMIZATIONS REVERTALL.
Alternatively use the tools within the Customize Ribbon dialog to Revert selected ribbon items or all.