Background After selecting the 'Slab' icon from the 'Architectural' or 'Structural' tabs in OpenBuildings Designer Update 9 or later, only the 'Place Compound Slab' dialogue appears. Legacy slabs cannot be placed from this tool and the keyin TFPLACE FORM 1SLABNEWDG must be used to place old legacy slabs.
The workflow outlined below should be followed in order to add the legacy slab icon to the ribbon bar.
1. Open the Personal.OpenBuildingsDesigner.dgnlib file from C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Bentley\OpenBuildingsDesigner/10.0.0/prefs
Note: Ribbon customizations are stored in DGNLib files, they may be located in the user's Personal.dgnlib or in a configured DGNLib file as pointed to by the configuration variable MS_GUIDGNLIBLIST
2. Right-click in a blank space in the ribbon bar and select "Customize Ribbon" from the pop-up menu. The "Customize Ribbon" dialog opens.
3. Then click on the Custom Tools and Task settings in the Customize Ribbon dialog box. From the user tools select the Personal.OpenBuildingsDesigner.dgnlib option and perform a right-click which opens the option to create a New Tool.
4. Name the tool according to the requirement such as "SLAB" or "Legacy Slab". After that, define the keyin from the command data panel to TFPLACE FORM 1SLABNEWDG. Also, you can apply the icon from the General Settings panel.
5. After making these changes, go to the Customize Ribbon dialog and select Toolboxes (Custom) from the "Choose component from:" drop-down list, and select your Slab tool under New Tool. Click on the Add button and select the desired location in the ribbon bar, and then Apply your changes.
For example, I have added it under Building Design>Architectural>Modify:
6. After choosing the applicable workflow and tab, it is observed that the Legacy slab icon is displayed in the ribbon bar.