The .Net framework is an important part of the Windows operating system. Bentley Hevacomp design software requires .Net 3.5 to be available and active. Windows 8 comes with .Net 4.5 installed and activated, but you must also ensure that .Net 3.5 is available before attempting to install Bentley Hevacomp design software.
A "Run-time error '-2146232576 (80131700)': Automation error" may occur if the above is not the case:
Note that this document may also prove useful to Windows 7 users who may have had .Net 3.5 de-activated.
1. Left click on the Start button in the bottom left of your Windows desktop
2. Type the words Control Panel to initiate a Cortana search
3. Left click to launch Control Panel
4. From the Control Panel, select Programs
5. Now select Programs and Features
6. Select Turn Windows features on or off
7. Expand the .Net Framework 3.5 option and ensure all items are selected
8. Click the Ok button and confirm the changes. If required, allow Windows to connect to the internet to download and activate .Net Framework 3.5
9. Reboot your computer to ensure the process is completed.