When working with Revit design models, first decide whether to use iModel Connections or SYNCHRO 4D Pro importers. If you choose to use the 4D Pro importers, the RVT files will need to be exported to an SPX file through the SYNCHRO Plugin for Revit, or to DWF or DWFx files which can be later imported into SYNCHRO. Below are directions for using the plugin
NOTE: The latest SYNCHRO Revit Plugin works with Revit 2017-2021
1. Install Revit Plugin
2. You will need to set up the 3D view according to how you wish to export it (e.g. hide unwanted objects) - as you would with the DWF/DWFX export.
3. In Revit, select Add-Ins>SYNCHRO>Export Settings
4. The Settings dialog appears. Choose the options relevant to your project
Export Matching User Fields Only: If checked, all User Field (Revit Parameter) names will be checked against strings present in a list box below: if the name contains any of the strings from the list (case-sensitive), the User Field will be exported; otherwise - ignored; If unchecked, all User Fields will be exported List Box, Text Box, Add and Remove buttons are enabled if Export Matching User Fields Only checkbox is enabled. To add a new string, enter it inside the top Text Box and press Add. To remove a string, select it inside the List Box and press Remove. All strings entered are persistent between Revit runs.
5. Press Close. Export Settings are saved for future use. NOTE: Both "Close" and "X" close buttons close the window and save changes
6. Select Add-Ins>SYNCHRO>Export to SYNCHRO
7. If you attempt to export from a 2D view, you will receive the following message. Please export from an active 3D view.
8. Enter filename and select Save. You will receive a progress bar
Once export is finished, you will have a .SPX file containing the saved 3D geometry. This can be imported into a new or existing "master" SYNCHRO project.