I'm using Promis*e V8i over AutoCAD2012 on a Windows 7 computer. I'm having issues (seems to happen on copied projects), that pages are no longer updating. For example, if I have a parent symbol placed on one page, child on another, and layout symbol placed, if I delete out one, the others are not updating when opening the other pages (like the parent page). I have to manually update each page, then save, then navigate then update this page and so on. Is there a fix to this?
I assume projects are being copied using Project Manager, is that correct? Are you typically copying entire projects (Copy Project) or copying pages from one or more projects to another?
This kind of sounds like there are offline pages, but then I would not expect manually updating them to fix the problem. But it still might be good to check. You can check online/offline status of a page on the Modify Page dialog. Or to quickly see which pages are online or offline in a project, use Run Reports to run the "Page List - Letter" report, which includes an "Online" column. See also Problems associated with offline pages.
I have a project that this issue has occurred. I have done 3 copy from the source project and all contain the same error. I then 'rebuild project database' from project manager, and the problem still arises. In this instance, I had tried to pair a child symbol (NO contact) with the parents (COIL) on another page. I got an error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". I attached for your reference. I then tried to update page that the coil was on, and it did not update to add in the cross references. I then tried a replace symbol function with its self to force regen of the symbol. No success. I removed the coil, and re inserted by device ID where the error continued to come up and then all cross references to that coil disappeared. See screenshot also attached. I also noticed that the original 3 part numbers loaded into the coil parent symbol has been lost and only one part number was kept. Thoughts....?
MagEngineerAaron said:I have done 3 copy from the source project and all contain the same error.
Based on that I would suspect the source project. Maybe make a backup of the source project, restore it to a new name, and see if the problem occurs in the restored project. If not, try copying the restored project and see if the error occurs in that copy.
A similar error message was reported when attempting to rename pages that were in a drawing set name that contained a comma. So the problem may not be corruption but some certain situation.
Ok, then if you upload the backup using the Communities Secure File Upload method and reply back here with the file name and what I need to do to see the problem, I'll take a look.