Dear community members,
The Bentley Geospatial Desktop team is extremely proud to announce the release of Bentley Map V8i (SELECTseries 2). This release represents the fastest and most feature-rich release of Bentley Map ever! This new release also represents a new era for the Geospatial Desktop products within Bentley and will provide our valued users with better, faster and more functional products.
The following editions of Bentley Map are immediately available on SELECTdownload:
· Bentley Map PowerView V8i (SELECTseries 2) - it runs Standalone only
· Bentley Map V8i (SELECTseries 2) – it runs on two platforms: MicroStation and Standalone
· Bentley Map Enterprise V8i (SELECTseries 2) - it runs Standalone only
· New Map Legend tools
· New Advanced Map Finishing Workflow- Formally Bentley CADscript, CADscript stops to exist as a product and it’s functionality is merged inside Bentley Map and above. See FAQ for more info.
· New Cadastral Mapping Configuration Workflow- Formally Bentley Cadastre, Bentley Cadastre stops to exist as a product and it’s functionality is merged inside Bentley Map and above. See FAQ for more info.
· New Oracle Georaster Viewing, Raster DEM View
· New Oracle Long Transaction and History support
· New 3D Spatial Analysis Workflow
· New Raster Editing workflow and 3D Texturing
· New API that can be accessed by third party application developers without a passcode
Bentley Map SELECTseries are new products
Those products represent an evolution and a replacement of the following V8i SELECTseries 1 products: Bentley Map, Bentley PowerMap, Bentley PowerMap Field, Bentley Cadastre, Bentley CADscript and Bentley PowerDraft for Mapping (see FAQ for details). The existing SELECTseries 1 workflows and functionalities have been preserved and enhanced ensuring a very smooth transition. In summary your products only got better.
The new Bentley Map SELECTseries 2 editions are new products using a new product IDs and therefore to use them you must contact your sales representative to acquire licenses of these new products. If you already own licenses of any of the above products you’ll be able to acquire licenses of the new products by paying the difference in SELECT. A simple procedure is in place to help with the transition and your sales representatives are informed and trained on the transition.
You are not forced to move to the new products and can stay on SELECTseries 1 for sometimes but new functionality will be delivered only on SELECTseries 2 and beyond.
The support of SELECTseries 1 and before products will continue for as long as required. For a limited time, you can continue to acquire new licenses of pre-V8i SELECTseries 2 licenses.
See the attached FAQ for more details on the new products and the transition.
Why new products were created?
Bentley has made the conscious decision to focus on the Bentley Map brand, this change is for the best for SELECT users because they will have access to better technology faster as we are streamlining the delivery process. Also all the resources (training, documentation, etc) surrounding the products will be of higher quality insuring better services to our valued users.
Bentley PowerMap Field users will enjoy the new editing capabilities of Bentley Map PowerView.
Bentley Map and Bentley PowerMap users will enjoy the new functionality and increased performance now included in the product.
For Bentley CADscript users their current workflow will remain untouched and they can incrementally adopt the new workflows offered to them as part of Bentley Map.
For Bentley Cadastre users their current workflow will remain untouched and they can incrementally adopt the new workflows offered to them as part of Bentley Map.
For PowerDraft for Mapping users it means more frequent updates and better support as it is the same product in all geographies. Bentley PowerDraft for mapping users will enjoy the new functionality and increased performance now included in the product.
For more technical information:
Bentley Map V8i (SELECTseries 2) 08.11.07.425 ReadMe - ftp://ftp.bentley.com/pub/help/bentley_map/081107425en/readme.htm
Thank you very much!
Francois Valois, MBA
Senior Product Manager, Geospatial
Bentley Systems Inc.