You are currently reviewing an older revision of this page.
1. File > Save As Options > XFM > XFM Options > ‘Remove Bentley Map Specific Data’. Selecting this option will remove the Map related data from dgn.
2. There is one more alternative of Batch Conversion, This option is used to convert individual files, or entire directories of files, from any of the MicroStation DGN file formats to any other supported format.
Opens when ‘Utilities’ > ‘Batch Converter’ > Edit > Save As V8 / V7 Options.
Note: For full details on the Batch Convert utility, refer the MicroStation help
3. From Map Manager, you can mutli-select layers (use Shift or CTRL key) and Export to MicroStation Elements the selected layers. This option should save the Bentley Map features as simple MicroStation elements for use in MicroStation or other applications.
4. Drop Element Tool: This functionality is used to break up an element(s) into simpler components. It’s a MicroStation Functionality. To drop any geometry ‘Application Element’ option should be checked in Drop Element dialog.
Steps to accomplish this task is following > Open XFMDrop.dgn> Tools > Manipulate > Drop > Drop Element > Check Application Elements > Identify XFM feature.
Note: As of now this works on MS Polygon Collection in Bentley Map & XFM feature and MS Polygon Collection in MicroStation.
5. New MicroStation V8i Tools :
The following tools below are used to drop XFM elements during copy.
Note: For Copy, Scale, Rotate, Mirror, Array, Align Edges commands, the “Use Fence” tool settings option should be enabled to drop XFM elements.