OpenCities Map products are built on the same platform as MicroStation and therefore shares the same installation and configuration concepts. The following information is based on instructions found in the MicroStation CONNECT Edition ReadMe file: Home > Installation > Deployment Guide
About a Deployment Image
The deployment image is created by a system administrator to install the application with the same installation configuration on multiple machines. The installation configuration includes the installation location, features, shortcuts, and so on. Once created, you will be able to double-click the Setup_XXXXXXx64_10.XX.XX.XX.exe file located in the deployment image folder to install the application with the defined configuration without the need of any user interaction or internet connection for component downloads.
The deployment image folder can also be moved to a shared location so that all users of the organization can directly execute the installation from there; the administrator can use this shared location in the Software Distribution System for installation of the product. Additionally, the deployment image can be shared on the network as a UNC path or pushed using SMS/SCCM.
Advantages of Using a Deployment Image
Conceptually, the deployment image can be considered as a pre-configured offline installer.Some advantages of using a deployment image include:
Contents of a Deployment Image
The deployment image contains all the files that are packaged with the product as well as the downloadable files. The image does not analyze the system on which it is created. It simply saves all the components for installation. The deployment image also saves the installation configuration.
Before You Start
Using a non-root drive for the program installation location:
Required prerequisites for creating a deployment image:
To Create a Deployment Image
1. Download the product installation executable from softwaredownloads.bentley.com
2. Using either the Command Prompt window, or the Run dialog, select the exe and append /layout as shown below. (Note - It's not necessary to use an elevated CMD.) In this example, the command is: ocm10030023en_updt3.exe /layout
3. The OpenCities product installation wizard opens.
4. Select the Configure button in the top right corner.
5. (Optional) Set the application installation location. Then click Next.
6. (Optional) Set the location of the delivered configuration. For example, perhaps you use d:\Bentley\Map\ rather than c:\ProgramData\Bentley\Map CONNECT Edition.
7. (Optional) Set the location of the custom (shared or network) configuration during installation. This eliminates the need to run additional procedures to deploy customised configuration files to each installation. The custom configuration location does not need to be populated with content or to even exist for the deployment image to be created successfully. The custom configuration location and content will be required for production installation to be completed.
For information on using the custom configuration folder, please refer to the following: CONNECT Edition Custom Configuration Guides
8.Choose the deployment image setting where:
9. (Optional) Change the location of where the deployment image will be created.
10. (Optional) Enable the creation of a desktop shortcut icon.
11. Click Done to accept your choices.
12. Click Layout to start the process. The usual installer dialogs will appear and all needed components will be downloaded. When done, the deployment package will be found in the location specified in Step 9 above.
13. When done, click Finish and review the contents of the deployment image folder specified in Step 9 above. All required files are now available and eliminates the need for repeated downloads of the same files.
Installing from a deployment image
MicroStation CONNECT - How to create a deployment image