how established connection between Embedded Pile row with Linear elastic model in Plaix 2D - Tmax-skin friction value 10*10e9 kPa . ?

If model plaxis 2D , How establish connection between embedded pile row(grout body) with linear elastic model? to calculate bond strength of  grout length?

Parents
  • Jegatheesan,

I have a couple of comments for you that may help.

1. I don't believe that it is possible to calculate the bond strength using Plaxis 2D.  Bond strength is a parameter that needs to be entered into Plaxis to simulate the expected limiting strength between the anchor and the soil. The reasoning behind this is that the soil  between the anchors in a 2D model will act the same as at the anchor (because 2D is a plain strain analysis and all planes parallel with the model plane will behave identically). It's not possible to model the out of plane shearing between the grout body and the soil in plain strain 2D.

2. If you were to attempt to calculate the bond strength using a linear elastic model with the Tmax set to 10*10e9 kpa you would find it was Tmax x the area of the grout body soil contact. This is because the linear elastic model does not include plasticity so the soil will not fail.

3. You could model the failure of the grout length in axisymmetric 2D or 3D, using a model which has plasticity like the HS or SS model. In both cases you would need to enter an interface strength between the soil and the grout. Setting the Tmax to 10*10e9, would give you a failure that is entirely through the soil.

Martin

• Jegatheesan,

I have a couple of comments for you that may help.

1. I don't believe that it is possible to calculate the bond strength using Plaxis 2D.  Bond strength is a parameter that needs to be entered into Plaxis to simulate the expected limiting strength between the anchor and the soil. The reasoning behind this is that the soil  between the anchors in a 2D model will act the same as at the anchor (because 2D is a plain strain analysis and all planes parallel with the model plane will behave identically). It's not possible to model the out of plane shearing between the grout body and the soil in plain strain 2D.

2. If you were to attempt to calculate the bond strength using a linear elastic model with the Tmax set to 10*10e9 kpa you would find it was Tmax x the area of the grout body soil contact. This is because the linear elastic model does not include plasticity so the soil will not fail.

3. You could model the failure of the grout length in axisymmetric 2D or 3D, using a model which has plasticity like the HS or SS model. In both cases you would need to enter an interface strength between the soil and the grout. Setting the Tmax to 10*10e9, would give you a failure that is entirely through the soil.

Martin

Children
No Data