Safety calculations

Hi,

I am looking for the possibility of doing a safety calculation with different shear strength reduction (Msf) parameters for friction angle and cohesion. Is there a possibility to use this double shear strength reduction method to change the reduction factors in Plaxis. I am not familiar with Python scripting, so I would like to know if there a possibility to change the Msf value using python scripting. Thank you for any assist that you can provide in this regard. 

BR 

Milinda Amarasinghe

Parents
  • Dear Milinda,

There is only 1 strength reduction factor in PLAXIS,SumMsf, which is used for both cohesion and tangent of the friction angle. Hence, it is not possible (neither in the GUI nor in scripting) to use 2 different factors.

The only thing you could do is to directly change the values for cohesion and friction angle in the material set. But that would either require a lot of material sets, or you just overwrite the same material set every time. 

With kind regards,

Dennis Waterman

• Dear Milinda,

There is only 1 strength reduction factor in PLAXIS,SumMsf, which is used for both cohesion and tangent of the friction angle. Hence, it is not possible (neither in the GUI nor in scripting) to use 2 different factors.

The only thing you could do is to directly change the values for cohesion and friction angle in the material set. But that would either require a lot of material sets, or you just overwrite the same material set every time. 

With kind regards,

Dennis Waterman

Children