Lines overlap

Hello,

I am designing a cantilever soldier pile as shown in the image. The soldier pile has an embedded length of "D" in concrete and an exposed length of "H-D". The soldier pile has a given section of W 18x32. I plan to approach the problem with two embedded beams ( one for the soldier and one for the cement grout) as shown in the figure. I see in PLAXIS it says as lines overlap. How can I resolve it, please advise?

Thank you,

Faisal 

Parents
  • Hi Faisal,

In PLAXIS, you can have a chain of two lines: one line being the bottom embedded part of the beam (L = D) and the second line being the top exposed part of the beam (L = H-D). However, you cannot create a line (L = H) and, on top of that, draw another line (L = D). That doesn't work.

Some care is also needed when defining the connection point for the embedded beam (PLAXIS 3D) or embedded beam rows (PLAXIS 2D). By implementation, the connection point of an embedded beam element can only be at the top or bottom (first or second). You can refer to our Reference Manual for more details about the available options.

• Hi Faisal,

In PLAXIS, you can have a chain of two lines: one line being the bottom embedded part of the beam (L = D) and the second line being the top exposed part of the beam (L = H-D). However, you cannot create a line (L = H) and, on top of that, draw another line (L = D). That doesn't work.

Some care is also needed when defining the connection point for the embedded beam (PLAXIS 3D) or embedded beam rows (PLAXIS 2D). By implementation, the connection point of an embedded beam element can only be at the top or bottom (first or second). You can refer to our Reference Manual for more details about the available options.

Children
No Data