PLAXIS 3D saving failure

I am facing problem in saving the PLAXIS 3D files. I have tried all the possible causes and solutions as mentioned in dialog box. Please guide me regarding the error encountered and how can I address it.

Please note my query is different from the query as mentioned in: communities.bentley.com/.../plaxis-3d-save-failure

Parents Reply
  • Hello Rituraj,

This file is used for our convergence log feature. It is unclear why this file is kept busy by a process, as this is created by the calculation kernel and closed when the process is done. Since you want to save a project that process has far ended, so it is odd that this file is still kept busy.

Sometimes a Windows application keeps it busy, which is why it is fixed by restarting the PC. This is the solution that has worked on the other case (other forum post). Have you tried to restart?

If you decide to "kill" the PLAXIS application the current data files are kept in the Windows TEMP folder. So, when you restart your PC and restart PLAXIS, you must select to "Recover project" to reopen the project and then try to save it again.

Just in case you want to be double safe, you can also go to Windows TEMP and copy the contents of the project somewhere local. Typically the folder has the name "Plaxis3DTemp".

Children
No Data