How to set material's "IncreaseOfShearStrengthWithDepth" value through Python

Dear Soilvision experts,

I am using Plaxis 2D Version 21.01.00.479 through python scripting. I would like to set an Su increment value for a Mohr-coloumb material. I checked the command reference (through Help tab), it says the right command is called "IncreaseOfShearStrengthWithDepth". However when I tried applying to the python script, it gives a "PlxScriptingError: Unsuccessful command: Unknown property: IncreaseOfShearStrengthWithDepth" error. When I tried to input the value directly in Plaxis 2D, I can't find the term "IncreaseOfShearStrengthWithDepth" at the command line (at the bottom of the scree) either.

Is there a way to include this "Su inc." value (or other parameters that are not included in the command line but are included in the command reference) through Python scripting?

Thank you for your time and attention, I am looking forward to your assistance.

Kind regards,

M. Rayyan

Parents
  • Hello Muhammad,

For V21.01, I think you refer to the cinc property.

The way I found it was, I changed to a (recognizable) value in GUI, then ran the echo command and searched for that value. Then I matched it with the property I was looking for.

Note that the IncreaseOfShearStrengthWithDepth property you mention concerns a different constitutive model.

If you upgrade to V22, then identifying property names is much easier as every change in the GUI results in a separate command in the command line:

In V22 we have made some improvements, thus the property is named according to what you would expect based on the Drainage type selected.

Answer Verified By: Muhammad Rayyan 

• Hello Muhammad,

For V21.01, I think you refer to the cinc property.

The way I found it was, I changed to a (recognizable) value in GUI, then ran the echo command and searched for that value. Then I matched it with the property I was looking for.

Note that the IncreaseOfShearStrengthWithDepth property you mention concerns a different constitutive model.

If you upgrade to V22, then identifying property names is much easier as every change in the GUI results in a separate command in the command line:

In V22 we have made some improvements, thus the property is named according to what you would expect based on the Drainage type selected.

Answer Verified By: Muhammad Rayyan 

Children