fixed issue [377180] regarding displacements not clear

When a concrete roof slab (plate) is just installed in Plaxis the horizontal phase displacement of this plate is aprox 0.2 mm and the difference along the length of the plate is aprox. 0.02 mm, see figure below. This is according to our exceptation. 

But the total displacements seem not logical. Because this is the first phase that the plate is installed we would expect the total displacement to be equal to the phase displacement, which is not the case, see figure below. Then I thought the total displacements also includes the pre-deformation of soil nodes, but even then it is not logical. The figure below shows a discontinuity as indicated with the blue arrow which is unexplainable. At this point there is a vertical plate applied in the previous phase, but the soil on both sides are allready excavated in previous phases. So what is the meaning of the total displacement of a plate, and why is this not equal to the phase displacement for the first phase in which the plate is applied?

With the fixed issue [377180] according to the v23 release notes I expected that the total displacements of a plate would not include any displacements of the soil that occured before the plate was applied. But this seems not the case. I don't see a difference in this between v22 and v23.

Parents Reply Children
No Data