Pressuremeter Test Plaxis to estimate parameters

Plaxis does not include in the Soil Test tool the pressuremeter test. I have some pressuremeter tests resutls and I would like to estimate the geotechnical parameters from the soil with them.

As the soil test tool does not have this test any idea? Could I do an axxysimterical model and apply a horizontal distributed increasing laod at the pressuremeter test depth in order to simulate the test?

Kind Regards

Parents
  • Hi there,

The Pressuremeter test has been available in SoilTest in 2D for a few years. However, the Pressuremeter test is only available for the Hardening Soil model in drained conditions, and it may be used to simulate the pressuremeter response considering volumetric strain up to 40%. For more information, please refer to Chapter 11.10.7 of the PLAXIS 2D – Reference Manual.

(click icon to maximise)

In theory, you can also set up an axisymmetric model in PLAXIS 2D or a full 3D model in PLAXIS 3D, where you apply lateral pressure to the soil resulting in the deformation of the borehole wall. 

• Hi there,

The Pressuremeter test has been available in SoilTest in 2D for a few years. However, the Pressuremeter test is only available for the Hardening Soil model in drained conditions, and it may be used to simulate the pressuremeter response considering volumetric strain up to 40%. For more information, please refer to Chapter 11.10.7 of the PLAXIS 2D – Reference Manual.

(click icon to maximise)

In theory, you can also set up an axisymmetric model in PLAXIS 2D or a full 3D model in PLAXIS 3D, where you apply lateral pressure to the soil resulting in the deformation of the borehole wall. 

Children